Building a team starts with valuing the team. We hire the best of the best to ensure youre working with people you can constantly learn from. Youre trusted to get your work done your way while testing the limits of whats possible and whats next. And youll be part of a culture where everyone feels supported.
We also value sports. Not just because of the big wins and highlight-worthy plays, but because of the lasting impact sports can have: the lifelong lessons in teamwork and dedication; the influence of inspiring mentors; the priceless opportunities to play at the next level. Sports can change livesthats what we value.
Our team helps the world see sports differently through products that make it easier to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and do a lot more.
Ready to join us?
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us build the next version of Hudl for American High School sports.
The landscape for technology in the American high school sports space is rapidly maturing. More and more sports are integrating video and data into their practices and games. We are adding to the team that is taking Hudl into the future of these teams. More angles of higher quality video are available to teams every season. More accurate stats for every performance, on and off the field. We need to craft meaningful video plus data experiences for all our coaches and athletes. Specifically, we are going to be expanding the set of custom built solutions into new sports like Wrestling.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience guiding design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. Youll work with a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business folks to find practical solutions to design problems. Together, youll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users. Youll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail with support from your fellow Competitive Business Unit designers. Youll rapidly prototype and learn by making, knowing when to apply low and high fidelity.
Our flexible work policy means you can decide where you want to work: our Lincoln HQ, our Omaha office or remotely within the majority of U.S. states (exceptions: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New York, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington). #LI-Remote
- Interested in working in a fast paced prototype-driven environment.
- Respectfully blunt when giving and receiving feedback and critique.
- Understanding that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every choice.
- Able to tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience.
- Able to work with stakeholders and others in a multi-disciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution.
- A communicator and use those communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- A people-focused designer. Even though you have strong design chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences
- Perform user research to understand latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want
- Rough out concepts to test with developers, QA, and the product manager
- Sketch, mock, and prototype key interactions often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study
- Work closely with PMs as we roll-out improvements so that we can refine it as the product gets real-world use
- Be accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem
- Champion work-life harmony. Well give you the flexibility you need in your work life (e.g., flexible vacation time, company-wide holidays and timeout (meeting-free) days, remote work options and more) so you can enjoy your personal life too.
- Guarantee autonomy. We have an open, honest culture and we trust our people from day one. Your team will support you, but youll own your work and have the agency to try new ideas.
- Encourage career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Provide an environment to help you succeed. We've invested in our offices, designing incredible spaces with our employees in mind. But whether youre at the office or working remotely, well provide you the tech stack and hardware to do your best work.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, employee resource groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure youll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want, including vision, dental, fertility healthcare and family forming benefits.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, thats free money. Well match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- [email protected]
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize theres ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please dont hesitate to applywed love to hear from you.