We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. Thats why our mission is to build the worlds most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us build the next version of Hudl for American High School sports.
The landscape for technology in the American high school sports space is rapidly maturing. More and more sports are integrating video and data into their practices and games. We are adding to the team that is taking Hudl into the future of these teams. More angles of higher quality video are available to teams every season. More accurate stats for every performance, on and off the field. We need to craft meaningful video plus data experiences for all our coaches and athletes. Specifically, we are going to be expanding the set of custom built solutions into new sports like softball and baseball.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience guiding design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. Youll work with a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business folks to find practical solutions to design problems. Together, youll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users. Youll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail with support from your fellow Competitive Business Unit designers. Youll rapidly prototype and learn by making, knowing when to apply low and high fidelity.
Hudl has a flexible location policy. We would love this Hudlie to be in Boston, MA, Lincoln, NE or Omaha, NE where we have Hudl Offices but this position is also offered remotely within the U.S. #LI-Remote
- Interested in working in a fast paced prototype-driven environment.
- Respectfully blunt when giving and receiving feedback and critique.
- Understanding that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every choice.
- Able to tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience.
- Able to work with stakeholders and others in a multi-disciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution.
- A communicator and use those communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- A people-focused designer. Even though you have strong design chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences
- Perform user research to understand latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want
- Rough out concepts to test with developers, QA, and the product manager
- Sketch, mock, and prototype key interactions often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study
- Work closely with PMs as we roll-out improvements so that we can refine it as the product gets real-world use
- Be accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. Were all about a healthy work-life balance. Well give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. Youll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure youll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, thats free money. Well match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- [email protected]
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize theres ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.