We are looking for an experienced designer to be a strategic design contributor and help us visualize the future of travel. You must have a developed aesthetic taste that is distinctive and admired. You love details and pixel-perfection. You will concept, design and ship applications that millions of people use in order to find and book their travel. This role is in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office. From here you will be working with a global team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to create, deliver, and test digital travel products.
- Understand customer needs in our markets around the world and shape our experiences to meet those needs
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail. Own the success or failure of your design work
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for A/B experiments, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Systems Thinking' of how to approach design and each of the areas it impacts, both now and in the potential future.
- Be a leader, setting examples for other designers and teaching them
- 2+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused product companies delivering extraordinary user experiences.
- The ability to direct, drive, and evolve the project inside an ever growing and experimenting company.
- Excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. Able to break down and simplify complex problems and being confident at presenting to a mixed audience of different levels in the organization
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- A userfocused design mentality. Experienced in acquiring user feedback, whether its, conducting usability studies, performing user research, or designing options for A/B tests
- Experienced working in a dynamic design process where we let quantitative and qualitative customer data guide our designs
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-direct and prioritize
- A curiosity to learn and a willingness to be adapt as new and different challenges constantly emerge
- An online portfolio, or PDF
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the worlds leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. Were also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.