Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Stash is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a part of the entire product design lifecycle, from proposing initial concepts to shipping features at high quality. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including research, testing, interaction design and visual design.
What you'll do:
- Drive short-term and long-term vision and strategy for the Solutions OU and Swipe team under Bank OU.
- Key projects will be helping our users set up the proper protection of their assets like Life insurance, Renters insurance, and car insurance. On Stock-Back, key projects will be related to personalization of Stock-Back including the way in which customers earn rewards.
- Build a thorough understanding of the problems were solving and define solution parameters.
- Facilitate a collaborative design process and work closely with user researchers and data scientists to gather information used to inform design decisions.
- Create rapid concepts and prototypes to validate ideas before moving into high fidelity work.
- Translate complex ideas into simple, user-friendly designs that fit within the constraints of each project
- Use design principles and frameworks to produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are visually elegant and cohesive with the rest of our product
- Work with engineers to ensure proper design implementation
- Frequently give and solicit structured feedback with fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- Set a positive example and provide mentorship to members of our design team who are earlier in their careers
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer or a comparable position
- You LOVE design and care deeply about the quality of your work
- You're a self-starter who's comfortable working in a scrappy startup environment
- You're able to produce concepts quickly and and use learnings to iterate
- You understand how to guide a project through a defined design process and use it to contextualize your work in order to solicit the right type of feedback at a given stage
- You're an excellent problem solver and are able to clearly communicate the reasons behind your design decisions
- You regularly reference both customer and business goals and can speak confidently about how your work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives
- You believe in defining success metrics and making data-informed decisions
- You understand the ins and outs of designing native mobile applications
- You have a strong understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- You seek out new techniques and tools to do the best work possible
- Last, but not least, you're humble, thoughtful, and a team player
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From