At PathAI, we're applying machine learning to pathology in amazing ways - whether it is for drug development, clinical contexts, or as a global health initiative. For us, these are early days we have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will ultimately be critical to everything we're doing.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're right for PathAI, you'll flex all your design muscles:
- Dive into research mode, working cross-functionally with product managers and other stakeholders to understand our customers and inform our product ideas
- Finesse the details throughout the interaction, ensuring our interface encourages efficient and accurate use of our tools and a clear understanding of the data and insights we present
- Craft prototypes you can use for testing and informing implementation
- Articulate complex ideas, both verbally and written, to build a shared understanding and drive decisions
- Get a handle on constraints, some of which are medical, some regulatory, without sacrificing a great experience
- Make it beautiful, since appealing things often work better too
- Understand the technologyand at least a slice of the researchthat brings it all together
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, typically via four or more years of work in the design field.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in a relevant field like HCI, computer science, design, or social sciences like sociology and psychology.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
We'll offer you a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak design-thinking shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid time off per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Free snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, cold-brew coffee, and green tea on tap.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualificationsthat's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.