Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help and anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service and commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
Partnering with the largest real estate developers in the world, Hello Alfreds footprint has grown rapidly in the last three years and currently operates in more than 20 markets across the United States, offering an ever-expanding roster of services and experiences to provide help and enhance the lives of residents. We are looking for extremely inspired and talented people to join our team at a moment of extreme growth.
How youll help us to be successful
Product Designers at Hello Alfred drive our creative vision and strategy; developing simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products for our customers.
Were looking for an experienced product designer to join our Members team. Youll be the design owner and strategic partner with the product and engineering teams on our key initiatives. Youll establish a shared vision, creating compelling stories and setting a world-class creative direction. Youll inspire the organization, leading by example and prototyping outstanding design solutions.
- Own the end-to-end design process of new iOS and Android features and iterations
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for our products, thinking in terms of design systems and not just screens
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work, down to every last detail
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Become a mentor and help grow a collaborative culture
What superpowers youll use
- Visual design: You have exceptional command of visual composition, typographic hierarchy, and creating scalable UI solutions. From the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI you will ensure a cohesive experience across Hello Alfred. Youre a designer equally invested in crafting visual and user experience design.
- User experience: Through your design process you will strive to minimize the complexity of our systems into thoughtful user experiences. Youll have experience shipping products, observing how people used them, and iterating toward improvement until solutions are elegant in usability and efficient in achieving outcomes.
- Research: Using qualitative and quantitative data, youll identify important product insights. Youll identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices; knowing when to develop full user studies, and when to quickly get usability confirmation internally and ship. We believe great design is created in the intersection of rational analysis and creative leaps.
Who you are
- 4+ years of relevant design experience at consumer-focused, product-driven companies
- Passionate about designing mobile apps; youve a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs and intuitive experiences on both iOS and Android
- Experience working on monetization (e.g. checkout, subscriptions, etc.) is a plus
- Possess a strong understanding of product development process, from discovery and problem definition to detailed UX and visual design
- Clear communicator who is able to articulate design work with solid rationale that uses research and data
- Creative problem solver who can iterate with low fidelity sketches and translate into high fidelity designs using Sketch, Figma, and other tools
Youll click with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective and always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high and ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed