BitSight is transforming how companies manage information security risk with trusted, time-tested and actionable security ratings. Founded in 2011, the company built its Security Ratings Platform to continuously analyze vast amounts of external data on security issues and behaviors in order to help organizations manage third party risk, underwrite cyber insurance policies, benchmark performance, and assess aggregate risk. Organizations worldwide, including seven of the top 10 cyber insurers, 20% of Fortune 500 companies, and 4 of the top 5 investment banks use BitSights proven Security Ratings technology on a daily basis to make integral risk and business decisions. With over 2,000 customers and the largest ecosystem of users and information, BitSight is the most widely used Security Ratings Service.
About the Role
BitSight is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative Senior Product Designer to join our growing User Experience Design Team. Designers at BitSight play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to complex problems. The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise (B2B) web applications, big data analytics, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders.
- Plan and execute user experience research to understand users and their jobs.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions promote business goals.
- Represent the UX Design team, facilitate design discussions and workshops, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create diagrams and workflows to ideate, capture, and communicate high-level design concepts and user journeys.
- Create low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, content, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test designs in progress.
- Visualize data using charts, graphs and data tables that use human perceptual and cognitive abilities to their best advantage.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
- Help grow the BitSight design system, and ensure all features align with it.
- Evaluate and continuously improve designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
- Experience using Figma, Sketch or similar tools to define and communicate designs.
- Hands-on experience with planning, executing, analyzing and reporting on UX research methods including interviews and usability testing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context.
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Persuasive skills to present and defend design decisions, with the humility to change in response to user feedback or a better solution.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, SVG, React, or similar front-end web technologies.
- Familiarity with 2D/3D libraries/toolkits for data visualization.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Knowledge of Jobs to be Done framework.