BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. Our hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. We put the restaurant first and offer tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 7,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Gramercy Tavern, and Eleven Madison Park. The CEO of Bentobox, Krystle Mobayeni, was a web designer most of her career, and is dedicated to bringing the highest-quality design to our product offerings.
Were looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our growing product team. This Senior Product Designer will ensure both restaurant operators and restaurant guests have an exceptional experience when interacting with BentoBox products. This individual will work to enhance the user experience of our website admin system which covers the core CMS, online food ordering, events management, catering store, third-party integrations, and more.
- Take ownership of a projects product design process, acting autonomously to lead a project to a successful launch
- Produce elegant solutions to complex problems, efficiently and consistently
- Design from concept to hand-off, knowing when to make low-fi sketches and when to make pixel-perfect prototypes
- Help maintain and evolve our design system
- Inform design solutions by conducting competitive analysis, reviewing analytics, interviewing users and running user tests
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and internal stakeholders to find effective but practical solutions to design problems
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, including mentoring less senior designers
- Present concepts to leadership, justifying your choices with rationale and research
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, and principles
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years of product design experience (startup experience is a plus)
- Experience designing b2b or admin web platforms
- Fluency in contemporary design tools (we use Figma)
- Passion for end-to-end product design: you know how to craft experiences that feel good, look good, and address user needs
- Proven strength in core visual design principles, particularly visual hierarchies
- Familiarity with new and upcoming best practices, along with knowledge of past trends
- Empathy for users, understanding their pain points and advocating for their needs
- Experience conducting user research and digging into data to help inform design iterations
- Ability to think about high-level product vision, understand how to effectively balance user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints
- A positive, proactive approach to your work
- Interface animations skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry
To be considered for this role, please submit a link to a portfolio.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.