Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting problems that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
The Physical Retail is laying the foundation for Wayfairs entry into physical retail. We believe our success online should be complemented with a fantastic store experience, and we are assembling the team now to make that happen. We are providing new and existing customers with a tangible and elevated way to experience our brand that can seamlessly bridge the offline and online experience. The Physical Retail Experience Design team is looking for a design leader to design tools, services, and experiences for both our customers and associates.
What Youll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager and skilled in design operations management. You will be a fierce advocate for our users as you partner with stakeholders and business leaders across Wayfair to identify opportunities and deliver meaningful outcomes. Additionally, youre gifted in UI and service design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.You will partner with product managers, engineers, and business leaders to ensure we identify opportunities and execute solutions. As an early member of our team, you will have a huge impact on the trajectory of our design capabilities and vision. This position will start as an individual contributor role and evolve into management as the team grows.
- Utilize design thinking principles to deliver great customer and associate experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product oversight, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills. Be a strategist who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside their teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
What Youll Need
- 8+ years of Design experience a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce, omnichannel, or have worked with an online retailer with a strong physical retail presence.
- Systems thinking and design experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, Creative Suite, etc.
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed service blueprints, site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, data-driven approach, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team?
Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.