Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. Were innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
Piaggio Fast Forward is looking for an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing manufacturing team. In this role you will be the lead Manufacturing Engineer, responsible for establishing a manufacturing system capable of repeatedly producing high quality assemblies. This role will cover all aspects of manufacturing processes, from factory layout, equipment specification, process definition, process optimization, as well as overseeing the training and development of assembly associates. We are looking for a dynamic individual that has demonstrated the capabilities to scale manufacturing of multiple products. You will work cross-functionally with all groups within a growing company. This is a role that will provide the right individual with autonomy, accountability and growth
- Define, characterize, and lead the implementation of new processes (including process controls and assembly specs such as torques, forces, cure times, etc.)
- Develop and improve manufacturing process by analyzing process flow and identifying bottlenecks
- Assure sound engineering and validation principles are applied to process design
- Develop processes to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects)
- Development of Quality metrics
- Selection and implementation of new capital equipment
- Develop and maintain tool requirements at individual workstations, and monitor that they are properly used and calibrated
- Monitor and maintain process controls
- Lead process improvements and develop metrics to validate
- Maintain line balance
- Evaluate opportunity to increase production efficiency by evaluating production machinery, process flow, and work instruction, research new technology and suggest new machines and processes as applicable
- Responsible for maintaining all production documentation, including owner manuals and relevant documentation for machinery.
- Responsible for monitoring the new procedures and reporting successes and failures to the production manager
- Realtime floor issue resolution; review part/material failures from assembly and assessing whether it is a supplier/material issue or assembly/production issue; documenting faults through the MRB and root causing the issue as well as assessing corrective action
- Transfer of engineering changes to manufacturing/BOM/systems and production integration
- Analyze data related to manufacturing line performance and production cycle times
- Manage MES System (Tulip)
- BS in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or a related subject is preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing process/engineering environment
- Demonstrated ability of process development and improvement
- Excellent technical skills (mechanical, electrical, technical, assembly
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, technical enviroment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with MES systems, use with Tulip is a benefit but not a requirement
- Experience with MRP systems, use with NetSuite (MRP) is a benefit but not a requirement
- Dealing with Complexity
- Informing Others
- Hardware Specifications
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality
- Product Development
- Presenting Technical Information
- CAD/CAM Circuit Design
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you dont meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.
Where legally permissible, must be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status on first day of employment.