Office Tour Photos
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience fueled by superior customer care. We work with a dogged determination to wow pet lovers in all their interactions with our company, but we have fun, tooeasy when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.
We are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and highly goal-oriented Senior Pricing Data Scientist to join our exciting and fast-paced office in Boston, MA. You will have an out sized opportunity to impact the trajectory of and shape the culture at Chewy as it continues its explosive growth. If you want to build innovative Pricing solutions in a dynamic, cross-functional e-Commerce environment, an opportunity in Chewys Pricing team may be a great match!
What you'll do:
- Leverage your Data Science experience to solve large-scale challenges in end-to-end Pricing problems.
- Own work-streams for defining and improving Pricing Strategy performance, driving value, and impacting business outcomes and customer experience.
- Effectively collaborate with business partners as a subject matter expert to develop business proposals, define strategic priorities.
- Translate difficult or ambiguous business problems within the context of cross-functional Chewy initiatives into Data Science solutions.
- Partner cross-functionally with Operations & Analytics, Engineering, and other functions to build systems and processes for accelerating development and adoption of Pricing strategies.
- Mentor junior team members, serve as a thought-partner across Data Science teams, and foster a collaborative working environment by promulgating shared Data Science and development best practices.
What you'll need:
- MS with 4+ years of practical hands-on modeling and/or engineering experience or PhD in technical/scientific fields in which data and modeling are important (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science).
- Programming languages including Python (required) or R.
- Proven track record of successfully solving loosely defined problems using Data Science.
- Rigorous attention-to-detail on data quality and accuracy, and passion for digging into the data for actionable insights.
- Keen critical thinking skills, pragmatic problem-solving mindset, and sharp judgment for balancing depth vs. pacing.
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex quantitative material with concision and precision.
- Intellectual curiosity, eagerness to collaborate in a highly interdisciplinary environment, and desire to develop innovative techniques to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Backgrounds in Economics (industrial organization, applied microeconomics, applied econometrics), Quantitative Marketing, or Finance.
- Experience in an e-Commerce or retail environment, or experience in Pricing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From