Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
Reporting to the Senior Director, People Success Partner, you will be a senior business partner to the R&D functions including Product Management, UX, Engineering, and Business Systems team at Toast. Partnering directly with VPs and their leadership teams at the helm of those groups, the ideal candidate will bring strong functional human resources expertise, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance employee engagement and performance, management capability, and efficient people process. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business, particularly with the VPs and their leadership teams. Said in a sentence, the candidate should be prepared to unlock the full potential for each Toaster inclusively and creatively, fostering peak moments and inspiring people to be their best selves.
About this roll*
- Work closely with VPs, their leadership and individuals in Product, UX, Engineering and Business Systems functions to implement strategies and programs that develop their workforce to achieve its strategic goals while improving the overall employee experience.
- Partner with the Senior Director to lead the development and execution of talent management processes such as quarterly and annual performance and talent reviews, succession planning, and engagement exercises in partnership with business leadership and the broader People Success team.
- Work to build people-related solutions by leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive the implementation of projects and programs.
- Provide strategic partnership and mentorship to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Collaborate with all areas of the People organization to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations.
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters and conduct investigations as needed.
- Ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years in an HRBP role
- Proven ability to establish trust, coach and partner with leadership
- Ability to create and implement end to end people programs
- Strong experience in performance management
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Bachelors degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry, and supporting an R&D function is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.