Office Tour Photos
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As the Sr. Payroll Analyst at Intersection, you will be responsible for processing and reviewing multi-state payroll for over 150 weekly paid employees across the United States, including exempt & non-exempt populations, as well as union employees. You will liaise with our People Ops team to collect and organize payroll data before submitting payroll. You will oversee and complete the weekly payroll cycle reporting and analyses.
Within your first month:
- You will build relationships within the People Operations team.
- You will spend a significant amount of time learning the intricacies of the weekly payroll process at Intersection.
- You will begin to provide customer service for Intersection employees and assist with any questions or concerns they might have related to payroll.
- You will process all new hire paperwork, file unemployment forms, and enforce compliance with multi-state/federal payroll reporting and tax requirements.
- You will master the ability to prepare, review and process the weekly payroll on your own.
Within your first three months:
- You will begin to research new and improved ways to utilize our HR management software to improve our employee data capabilities & reporting.
- You will perform payroll data entry processing, including hours worked, paid leave taken, compensation changes, deductions, exemption, and withholding changes, direct deposit changes and any other payroll related activities.
- You have partnered closely with our finance team on monthly payroll reporting requirements.
- You have cross-trained on the semi-monthly payroll process and are able to process the semi-monthly payroll when requested.
Within your first six months:
- You have reviewed and analyzed payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- You have had successfully implemented processes for automation and improved workflows in various HR management software.
You're great for this role because:
- You have at least 2-4 years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
- You have a working knowledge of various HR management software such as ADP Workforce Now, Ceridian Dayforce and Workday
- You have experience with union and hourly payroll and balancing weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing.
- You have a broad scope of experience in payroll processing across FLSA, taxation, and payroll-related benefits such as 401(k), FSA, etc.
- You are able to critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practices.
- You are able to develop and implement controls, policies, and procedures.
- You are very adept in Excel and comfortable with numbers. You are able to develop complex formulas and relational references.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment and payroll law.
- Ability to execute Time and Attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Knowledge of year-end payroll taxes and related processes.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, attention to detail and prioritization skills.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From