All roles listed as remote are available as remote within the same country. Your regular workday must start no earlier than 9AM UK and no later than 9AM US/Eastern.
Were looking for empathetic, skilled, and practical senior or staff software engineers to help us craft tools, leverage standards, re-architect systems, and build key integrations for our API.
The work ahead of us is significant and exciting. We guide and facilitate the entire R&D organization to move our current bespoke API into both OpenAPI 3.1 and GraphQL. Were integrating new auth functionality, adding an Envoy-based API Gateway to our Kubernetes cluster, facilitating service extraction from our central monolith, and integrating all of this and more with some of the biggest names in the developer tool industry.
Your role is to level us up. You will help take the talented team we have and model and expand our modern best practices. You bring experience with some of our standards and tools, you can quickly learn the rest, and you suggest new ones when helpful. You collaborate to deliver incremental solutions that are both grounded in present needs and filled with optionality.
We believe that Snyks DevOps approach to security is a best practice. With you, we can make it ubiquitous, by making our platform easy to extend into tools and workflows everywhere. Join us!
You should apply if you
- love working in a fast-paced, empowered, distributed environment that respects the team, our customers, and our partners.
- believe in the power of API and platform extensibility to enable game-changing possibilities.
- make good engineering decisions in an incomplete business context of cost, value, risk, and opportunity.
- model high quality code, API design, DevOps automation, and cloud-native architecture.
- work collaboratively, communicate proactively, take a team-first mind-set, and skillfully give and receive difficult feedback when necessary.
- enjoy leading projects, while giving a safe space to others for ownership, intelligent mistakes, and growth.
- mentor, coach, and constantly learn.
Youll spend your time
- collaborating with your cross-functional team, across the organization, and with partners and customers to prioritize, plan, and deliver business value and strategic opportunities.
- coding in TypeScript and Go, deploying in a CI/CD workflow, and configuring and automating related infrastructure for the services we maintain.
- observing, analyzing and improving the performance, reliability, and usability of our platform API.
- experimenting, designing, architecting, coaching, advocating, and facilitating to explore and expand the possibilities of our technology and organization.
- taking part in our on-call rotation to maintain and support our production services (for one week of approximately every six to ten weeks).
Wed especially love to hear from you if you have experience with
- designing and building a platform API, including OpenAPI, JSON Schema, JSON API, GraphQL, HTTP specifications, and a variety of auth approaches
- Kubernetes, Envoy, WASM, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Go
- building and guiding partner and customer integrations
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!