Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to become a part of a small team architecting, designing, and operating our global, cloud-based network technology stack. This role is accountable for managing a global network platform that is secure, performance-driven, and highly available. This role is expected to take over the technical ownership of the global network service and Level 3 escalation support when necessary.
What You'll Do
- Design, Implement and maintain: Full network stack platforms; VPN service globally; Policies and configurations to network devices; Creating and following device and firmware lifecycle policies; Network deployment processes (from request to fulfillment); Design and manage a corporate network patching policy
- Maintain documentation, knowledge articles, and operating procedures
- Work with our global End User Services team to: Troubleshoot issues; Identify root causes; Proactively address potential issues through system change management; Manage ticket escalations supporting our network technology stack
- Onboard and rationalize new network devices
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field or other related experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience managing full network stacks (Firewalls, Switches, Access Points, VPNs)
- Experience with Meraki, Palo Alto, Cisco is a must
- Highly developed written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently
Nice to Have
- Have previous experience managing Prisma Access, CISCO Meraki
- Having any or some of the following certifications: CCNA, CCNP, PCNSA, PCNSE, PCCSE, ECMS
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].