SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our DevOps/IT team. If you're well-versed with Cisco and Juniper and want to collaborate with a dynamic operational team, we want to hear from you. The person we are looking for will keep us connected, secure, PCI compliant, and highly-available across multiple platforms and geographies, while providing visibility into our configuration and traffic patterns. Our networking stack includes Juniper, Netgear, Ruckus, and Cisco Meraki, plus some (virtual) Cisco routers in the cloud.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Juniper, Cisco, Meraki and Ruckus gear
- You believe in doing things right the first time, because you know thats far more pleasant than doing it badly twice.
- You smiled knowingly when you first saw xkcd #705.
- You are eager to be part of a talented DevOps/IT team who can leverage one another for bandwidth, expertise, and growth opportunities.
What you'll be doing (knowing you are part of a team that has your back):
- Improve local network segregation to better protect critical/high-security traffic
- Audit and fix existing (especially Cisco) configurations
- Ensure our equipment is running the latest manufacturer-recommended firmware, and that we are on a sustainable patch schedule
- High Availability
- Implement and test failover on core (Juniper) routers and switches
- Automate failover if possible; if not, write the runbook
- Build and maintain a deployment pipeline for firmware and configurations for (at least) our access switches. Ideally, this will include our core networking gear and Cisco devices in the cloud
- Implement tools to identify traffic patterns within the network, especially sources of abnormally-high bandwidth usage & alert as necessary
- Help identify problematic equipment for rapid replacement
- Plan for scale and global growth
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of VOIP/Asterisk
- Experience building relationships with external partners/vendors/carriers
- Automate or improve VPN failover based on tunnel availability, including automating changes to AWS-hosted routing tables
- Build or improve monitoring tools to detect capacity and availability issues with our Cisco routers
Working at SimpliSafe:
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!