Wellframe is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our highly dynamic and collaborative Mobile team. We are looking for someone passionate, creative, curious about mobile technology who has experience with native platforms including Kotlin, Java, Android Studio as well as object-oriented design or architecture.
The role will be responsible building the software that enables Wellframe's digital care management platform.
Things youll do
Translate user stories into software solutions
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Validate design approach with other team members.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Deliver multi-year technology roadmaps
- Identify process, tooling and feature improvements that can have a multiplicative effect on the engineering productivity.
- Identify new capabilities that can be unlocked by emergent technologies or processes.
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for implementing technical and process improvements.
- Lead delivery of large technology improvements.
Mentor Software Engineers
- Work closely with software engineers to guide their technical and career growth.
Debug and fix production issues
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplar uptime and reliability.
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs affecting our users.
Demonstrate Wellframes technical contributions
- Write blog posts and give talks at conferences to give back to the technical community.
Skills and experience
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in any science or engineering field.
- At least 8 years of native mobile Android and iOS development experience, including publishing commercial apps.
- Strong knowledge of Android custom native UIs, design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Deep familiarity with Kotlin, design patterns, and SOLID architecture.
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Passion to benchmark and optimize, with a preference for writing clean and elegant, test-driven code.
Youre a natural fit for this position if
- You have a passion for keeping up-to-date on mobile trends that can be leveraged for designing the infrastructure for our mobile apps.
- You are comfortable and happy in a fast-paced, agile startup environment
- You are an effective communicatorproficiency explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- You accept feedback with grace, and adapt to the needs of the team.
- You are comfortable mentoring junior engineersapproachable, available, and able to listen.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.