Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our team. This position can be located near our corporate office in MA or for someone located in the Eastern Time Zone.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the mobile software engineering team at Imprivata. The team develops innovative native Android and iOS applications that are part of broader integrated HealthCare solutions. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of mobile development in one of the core technology platforms (Android Java or iOS Swift), experience designing and implementing solutions, and a proven record of delivering products on mobile devices. They will be someone who enjoys staying ahead of emerging technologies and evolving products as dynamic mobile platforms shift. Someone who is energized by continuous learning and evaluating emerging best practices. We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of tough technical problems and who wants to work on products helping over 1 million users every day in saving time, reducing frustration and providing better patient care. We need someone with a passion for building world-class applications and desire to make an impact on our organization and on solving real-world problems. This position is located at the Imprivata office in Lexington, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical oversight and delivery of mobile components for integrated solutions (on-premises and cloud-based solutions).
- Provide thought leadership to assist in shaping our mobile products continuously evolving roadmap.
- Coach and mentor mobile developers in coding practices and general mobile engineering principles.
- Help inform and guide overall development best practices within the engineering team.
- Create high quality code with an emphasis on testability via automation.
- Conduct and oversee code submission, code delivery and code reviews.
- Create unit and functional automated tests.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues.
- Provide support to customer case support, as well as training to field employees on core product set.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree.
- 3-7 years of software development experience; 4+ years of experience designing and building mobile applications on Android and/or iOS; including deployment of applications into respective app store(s).
- Experience leading technical implementations and mentoring other mobile engineers.
- Experience developing enterprise mobile client applications that securely and efficiently communicate with cloud-based services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners as needed.
- Experience developing apps for phone and tablet form factors, different versions of platform OS, and different generations of devices.
- Thorough understanding and in-depth experience working with PNSes - Platform Notification Systems (Firebase cloud messaging, APNS).
- Working knowledge of Open Authentication Standards (OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, JWT, SAML) is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.