The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
The machine learning team authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150), and CoverNet (https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system.
What Youll be Doing:
- Design and deploy deep neural networks that predict the future motion of objects around our self-driving car.
- Work closely with the Planning team to integrate your motion prediction models with our state-of-the-art driving system.
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents.
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines.
What Were Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Motion prediction, Behavioral prediction, Intent inference, Object detection, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Tracking, Active learning, Anomaly detection, Multitask learning, Network compression, Reinforcement learning, Unsupervised learning
- Fluency in Python or C++.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience deploying deep learning models in a production environment.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR).
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.