Vicarious Surgical is hiring a senior level mechanical engineer to join our team in Waltham, MA. If you have a track record of developing complex electro-mechanical medical devices and are eager to apply your expertise to deliver world-class, minimally invasive, surgical robotics, then this is the position for you.
Vicarious Surgicals novel approach to surgery uses a combination of proprietary, human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to transport surgeons inside the patient when performing minimally invasive surgery. Our technology was granted Breakthrough Device Designation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which provides unique opportunities for our regulatory pathway.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineering professional to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team that will bring our robotic solution to the market, offering a cost-effective path to improving patient outcomes and increasing the efficiency of surgical procedures for hospitals.
- Work on a large subsystem and drive all aspects of development
- Recognize and evaluate design tradeoffs and their cross-functional impact on the system
- Be a key contributor to a long-term strategy for technology development for our surgical robot
- Consistently deliver large systems involving one or more teams' contribution on time at a high level of quality
- Create subsystems with future-proofing in mind
- Make key design decisions that will have a direct impact on the long-term success Vicarious Surgical
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- May help to define training and best practices for the entire mechanical team to follow
- Strong technical skill across all areas of mechanical design engineering (CAD, FEA analysis, GD&T, tolerance analysis, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience developing complex electromechanical systems, including experience in medical device industry
- Masters degree or higher in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Ability to participate in design controls (creating a DHF, ISO 13485, etc.)
- Familiarity working with relevant medical device standards (IEC 60601, ISO 14971)
- Demonstrable experience with high volume manufacturing processes (CNC, injection molding, MIM, stamping, casting, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal