At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at WHOOP, you will play a key role in taking highly refined industrial design concepts through an accelerated product development cycle, and parallel manufacturing release with a contract manufacturer. The ideal candidate is capable of both product development and manufacturing engineering with a foundation of experience from established electro-mechanical product companies, and able to work in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Lead product design, analysis and development of mechanical components around micro-electronics, and exact industrial design specifications from design concept to manufacturing release
- Drive the product release with Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality teams as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
- Develop multiple design concepts and present to peers; work with document control to create a documentation package that specifies the complete design and implementation of a product, including 2-D drawings, bills of materials and engineering change orders
- Implement documentation updates and changes to new and existing products
- Improve system and product quality by designing testing methods; test finished product and system capabilities; confirm fabrication, assembly, and installation processes; generate testing and validation plans for designs and execute on them
- Exhibit exemplary behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership, while mentoring colleagues
- Up to 10% travel to contract manufacturers and suppliers
- 4+ years of experience in the design and product release of complex mechanical products for medium to high volume consumer electronics
- 4+ years SolidWorks CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management and integrating DFx feedback
- 2+ years of working with Tier 1 and 2 contract manufacturers in Asia and North America
- Experience working directly with Industrial Design translating CMF requirements into controllable mechanical specifications
- Proven ability to use engineering statistical analysis methods such as RSS tolerance stack analysis and CPK process capability to drive design decisions
- Extensive experience in mechanical design concepts and the manufacture of products utilizing high volume, automated manufacturing processes as well as manual assembly
- Well-versed in design, prototyping, and evaluation of advanced injection molded plastic components, die castings, metal injection molding, packaging, and material selection
- Proven ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but dont meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.