RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in ecommerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand thats growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items -- its a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to work with our Hardware team on the next generation of end effectors and other electromechanical research and development projects.
- Participate in the development of novel hardware products:
- Conduct exploratory research, prototype, document findings, and communicate results
- Design, build and test mechanical and electromechanical parts and assemblies
- Identify and work with vendors, machine shops, and contract manufacturers who have the right capabilities to bring your designs to life
- Work with the RHR Operations team to address any issues that arise during production
- Develop and execute project timelines and achievable goals while clearly communicating progress towards established targets.
- A mechanical engineering degree and at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical system design and integration.
- A strong working knowledge of mechanical components, general hardware, and ideally gear trains, electric motors, bearings, mechanical springs, molded materials, and pneumatics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks).
- Expertise with a variety of prototyping techniques and manufacturing methods.
- Experience in preparing documentation for release to manufacturing.
- Familiarity with version control and documentation systems: PDM, PLM, and ECOs.
- Experience following a strong engineering design process.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Experience with electrical drawings and schematics, PCB design, test scripts, and firmware.
- Mechatronics experience: selecting and integrating sensors, implementing motion control, and working with servos.
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.