Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
This role is a great opportunity for a strategic, systems and data-driven individual to influence and transform our marketing operation team. The successful candidate is able to focus on the operational aspects of a dynamic marketing team, be a hands-on operational leader. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced and fast-growth environment where cross-team collaboration is critical. This position reports to the head of demand generation and field marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Overseeing all global marketing operation functions from processes to marketing systems, workflows, reporting, email management, and marketing stack
- Assess, refine, and communicate marketing best practices, maintenance of campaign, program, drip & nurture program metrics
- Manage and grow Marketing database, while ensuring data integrity and governance
- Optimize lead scoring and routing methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification, and to increase efficiencies and conversion rates
- Benchmark current marketing activities, performance and investment levels, and develop strategy for continual improvement
- Create future vision for a scalable marketing technology stack, and manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Define business analytics and work with the team to maintain dashboards and reports to measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, and overall business performance.
- Work closely with the marketing leadership to provide performance metrics that shows ROI and marketings growing contribution to ARR
- Partner closely with marketing leadership to craft an integrated marketing plan and campaign and digital performance
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales Ops to drive and improve alignment between sales and marketing
- Responsible for system administration, integration, user guidelines, and ongoing optimization working closely with the IT, Sales Ops, Marketing Campaigns, Digital marketing as well as Global teams
- 10+ years of marketing operations experience in the enterprise B2B SaaS industry.
- Leading an organization through rapid growth as well as managing people
- Pardot experience preferred
- Experience collaborating with Sales & Channel teams
- Command and knowledge of digital strategies and infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Strong knowledge of GDPR
- Track record of running highly sophisticated and scalable marketing operations and technology environments.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills with experience solving business problems
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry-level, internal and external
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.