Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Reporting to the Toasts VP of Social Impact, the Senior Manager for Toast.org will be a critical member of the Toast.org team, supporting Toasts ambitions to enhance the food experience for all by leveraging the strength of the companys people, products and philanthropy.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and produce programs to drive employee engagement through volunteering and philanthropy.
- Manage the operations of the Toast.org council, such as communications, grant processes, and team meetings.
- Produce semi-annual company wide days of service working with Toast.org Council members and other local employee champions in locations around the world.
- Manage employee communications, including Slack, Honey, and email.
- Drive employee engagement with Toast.org at Kick-off, including Toast.org volunteer events and breakout sessions.
- Cultivate skilled-based volunteer opportunities for employees.
- Support new hire onboarding with Toast.org content.
- Serve as co-owner of the Toast.org Council email alias to address employee inquiries and manage grant requests.
- Maintain Toast.org swag inventories and develop mechanisms for employee recognition.
- Develop new programs, such as a matching gifts program, to engage employees in the companys grant making.
- Partner with the social media team on opportunities to promote Toasts culture of giving back, by sharing employee stories of impact externally through Twitter, the Toast blog, etc.
- Support nonprofit partnerships and cross-functional workforce development initiatives, such as with Year Up and Genesys Works.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelors degree required.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a private or corporate foundation, CSR role or nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrated passion for social innovation and CSR efforts, along with experience in grant making and employee engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Project management skills with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Ability to multitask with good prioritization and time management abilities in both the virtual and in-office environments.
- Experience with matching gifts programs, volunteer management and grant application programs.
- Ability to work confidently and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Global mindset.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.