ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
As our Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, youll:
- Partner closely with both the Corporate Controller, Financial Planning & Analysis group and other members of the accounting/finance team to support all accounting period-end close and financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual filings including all financial statements and related disclosures and supporting analyses/schedules on a timely, accurate and compliant basis.
- Maintain ongoing subject matter expertise on all relevant accounting standards.
- Research and prepare technical accounting treatment position papers and related internal accounting policy documentation.
- Assess the impact of new and updated existing accounting pronouncements on current accounting policies and practices and recommend appropriate accounting treatment.
- Utilize Carta to ensure that accounting for equity awards and all stock-based compensation is gathered and recorded in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist with coordination and support of the annual audit process with the independent auditors.
- Work with the Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager to drive Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort including design and documentation of the Companys internal control environment and ongoing control cycles. Lead ongoing testing of key internal controls.
- Assist in developing, establishing and maintaining accounting policies, best practices and procedures in a rapidly growing organization.
- Review annual tax provision and periodic tax filings, team cross-functionally and with external tax experts to determine tax implications of business decisions.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA with minimum of 7 years of experience in big four public accounting firm.
- Strong technical accounting background and understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting Regulations (e.g., Regulation S-K, S-X, and SOX).
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience with Sage intact and other financial reporting software a plus.
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and committed to a high level of accuracy with ability to meet critical deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven comfort with high speed and high growth. We are not frenetic, but we are very swift.
Starting Salary Range: $137,000 - $179,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.