Are you passionate about using data analytics to discover trends and help businesses grow? Do you want to have an immediate impact on a fast-paced and constantly evolving company? Are you excited to work closely with business leaders to develop strategies that will take our business to the next level?
The Strategy & Profitability group is a new team focused on managing profitability for Emerging Categories at Wayfair. Typical projects will include developing growth strategies for U.S. investments & emerging categories, analyzing trends and conducting deep-dives of category performance, understanding competitive dynamics and positioning, hypothesizing and testing new pricing strategies, modeling sales and margin impact, outlining operational initiatives, and working with cross-functional teams to optimize & execute on the path to profitability for growth areas of the Wayfair business.
This role requires a unique mix of business intuition, analytical expertise, and client management to drive strategic decisions related to profitability. Strong candidates will be excited about thinking critically about business strategy, analyzing large sets of data, and collaborating with a cross-functional group of business partners on high-impact initiatives.
- Develop the strategic path to profitability for emerging categories and new investments
- Work closely with category management, operations, marketing, and engineering to develop a deep understanding of category dynamics
- Engage with various internal business partners to align priorities, develop strategic plans, and measure performance improvements
- Identify opportunities to accelerate growth and build tools to analyze and test new pricing strategies
- Conduct rigorous analytics to assess data from tests and experiments to uncover growth opportunities
- Monitor operational and financial performance data to spot trends in the business and ensure competitive position / health of the business
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams to optimize the performance of our dynamic pricing system
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, banking, strategy, or other client-facing roles strongly preferred
- MBAs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus (GPA >3.5 preferred)
- Experience leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing teams strongly preferred
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems; knack for telling stories with data
- Excellent ability to collaborate and apply a cross-functional mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
- Excel ninja; Interest in learning SQL and leading analytical projects
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.