Senior Manager, Specialty and Luxury Brand Consumer Insights
We are seeking an entrepreneurial individual to join the leadership team of our internal consumer insights team at Wayfair. This team is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and distributing qualitative and quantitative perceptual data from customers and prospects to help business leaders make customer-first decisions across all brands and geographies. This person will be responsible for helping to define the learning agenda and research roadmap for our specialty and luxury brands - AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, and Perigold.
The ideal candidate is a left-brain/right-brain leader with strong consumer intuition and an extensive background in brand and customer research, analytics and strategy. You will have a record of quantifiable success and experience working cross-functionally in a data-driven, fast-paced, and high-growth company. Specifically, we are seeking a well-rounded brand and marketing consumer insights research specialist. This person would work closely with our brand strategy, brand management, and marketing leads to dive deep into identifying customer needs across our brands, geographies, and categories, what experiences matter most to consumers, and how we can best develop and message Wayfairs benefits to consumers.
What Youll Do:
- Own the approach, infrastructure, and implementation of all research projects related to brand and marketing for our specialty and luxury brands, quantitative and/or qualitative. For example, what services should a luxury, online retailer offer to differentiate from the competition? How do we get more credit for our white glove services? Will we gain loyalty in doing so? These research projects may include survey analyses, brand health tracking, conducting and summarizing customer interviews, or hosting focus groups.
- At Wayfair, we are Manager-Doers; this role is expected to dive deep into all parts of the research process as needed (e.g. programming surveys, running analyses) as well as write narratives that connect the insights to the broader business strategy
- Interpret research findings into actionable insights; socialize and empower the organization to understand customer needs deeply
- Set the roadmap of the research and learning strategy that incorporates feedback and requests from senior executive leadership
Who You Are:
- Endlessly curious, you push past the obvious to uncover deep consumer truths
- Crafty and creative, you know how to develop research solutions that are both scrappy and elicit decision-driving insights
- Customer oriented with good product intuition; ability to articulate and define customer requirements and success criteria that leads to fresh, delightful, and usable applications
- Skilled storyteller, you can synthesize behavioral, attitudinal, and market data to create a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Highly collaborative, you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which research initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business
What youll need:
- 7+ years of experience with demonstrated success as both an analyst and manager of behavioral, market, or customer experience research
- Must have corporate research experience, either vendor or client side (preferred)
- Experience designing and conducting research across both qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. consumer segmentation, brand tracking, social listening, surveying, ad testing, concept product testing, focus groups, ethnographies, consumer journey and NPS/customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Experience working with stakeholders/clients and developing specific research plans based on loose goals or agendas
- Exceptional focus on details related to methodology and analysis; knowing that there is a right way to do things, coupled with passion for conducting scrappy research when appropriate
- Proven track record of being self-directed, collaborative, and entrepreneurial, particularly in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.