The Specialized Strategy & Execution team is looking for a senior manager who will drive the build out, growth and profitability of new categories / verticals at Wayfair. Your mandate will be to bring a product nuanced lens to the way we grow our customer facing phone and chat capabilities through supplier, data science, analytics, agent and product partnerships.
This team sits within the sales org and operates at the intersection of strategy, engineering, analytics and marketing. You will be in a highly visible, cross functional and impact heavy role with P&L responsibility for new categories / verticals we launch. If blank slates, entrepreneurial environments, test and learn cultures, and being empowered to prioritize and make decisions that drive impact sounds fun we encourage you to apply!
What youll do
- Operate a start-up within Wayfair: Build a business from the ground-up, own a P&L, wear multiple hats and collaborate with teammates who will challenge you and help you grow.
- Design and run experiments: Generate hypotheses, design tests, set KPIs and create execution plans that will be run across all available sales channels.
- Exercise flexibility and conviction: Exercise good judgement on when to pivot or stand firm on initiatives and do so with resilience and persistence.
- Partner cross-functionally: Join forces with category management, merchandising, marketing, data science, engineering, product management to execute on strategic priorities.
- Make a difference for customers and sales agents: Improve customers and agent experiences by diving deep into their interactions and creating unique solutions that surprise and delight them at every moment.
What youll need
- 7+ years of work experience
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Track record of driving tangible results across teams in a fast paced / ambiguous environment
- Ability to build trust and influence with senior executives, sales agents and cross functional partners
- Crisp, clear, tailored communication and an affinity for socializing complexity with ease to a variety of audiences
- Fluency in Excel / analyses and ability to quickly draw insights with data is required. Experience with database queries / SQL / Tableau / stats packages, a plus
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial and ownership mindset
- A strong desire to see the team around you thrive
- A get stuff done mentality with a highly collaborative attitude
- An insatiable appetite to understand why something is the way it is (sales agent behavior, backend data infrastructure, data science models, test results, customer journeys, etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.