Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazons 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
The senior manager will be part of the Customer Operations team, helping to scale our merchandising playbook across our portfolio to drive organic growth and optimize the customer experience on Amazon. Core responsibilities will include:
- Create the roadmap for operationalizing merch best practices to optimize listing content and drive organic growth: Develop a strategic roadmap for working cross-functionally to support execution against merchandising priorities at scale, and drive engagement across our customer base
- Establish visibility & monitoring: Partner with our technology team to enhance key metric tracking and reporting capabilities to identify leading indicators of merchandising performance and prioritize investment across our portfolio
- Translate high-level, ambiguous business problems into specific workstreams: Define merchandising value drivers through quantitative analysis and performance deep dives to drive prioritization across hypotheses and brands, while developing robust solutions for operational roadblocks
- Codify insights into merchandising playbook: Document best practices for operationalizing proven merch strategies at scale, including for new brand integrations and product launches
- Ad hoc strategic projects to support customer operations
- Be additive to our culture of challenging the status quo and having a low ego
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, hardworking, and has a bias to action to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset and a proven track-record as a creative, collaborative problem solver. Additional job requirements include:
- Minimum 5-8 years of work experience, preferably in a site merchandising or marketing function
- Proven ability to synthesize disparate information and analyses effectively into clear recommendations to drive impact and forward-thinking strategy
- Engaged by a highly productive and cross-functional environment in which you can influence and produce tangible results and a passion for improving the customer journey
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent relationship building skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Excited about driving value to the business through process improvement
- Bring a lot of enthusiasm to the job each day!
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.