At Liaison, we’ve helped higher ed institutions build better, more diverse classes for three decades. You may recognize us as the company behind the Centralized Application Service (CAS), Enrollment Marketing services and platform (EMP), SlideRoom, Time2Track, TargetX (CRM) and Othot.
Everything we do is focused on taking that proven success and expanding its scope and scale. Over 31,000 programs on more than 1,000 campuses see us as a forward-thinking partner integral to meeting their total enrollment goals — and we’re building the data- and mission-driven team that will reinforce and expand our role for decades to come.
Product Marketing at Liaison serves as a partner to promote and advance Liaison suite of products. By empowering sales, educating customers, supporting partnerships, and developing and synthesizing strategic messaging into compelling enablement materials, you will help drive our customer life cycle growth.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Senior Manager, Product Marketing is a new role that will drive Liaison’s go-to-market strategy, including owning competitive intelligence, key messaging, and positioning of our products and services.
As the Senior Manager, Product Marketing, you will partner with Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success colleagues to impart market insights from current customers and the competitive field to shape our product/solution marketing strategy. Additionally, you will steer new products to the market, developing value positioning, messaging frameworks, sales enablement resources, and training programs. You will work cross-functionally with an array of subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organization to build awareness and adoption of Liaison’s products and solutions.
The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter, a strong collaborator, and a strategic thinker who also enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves. He/she also has a proven record of product marketing successes and a deep knowledge of modern marketing best practices and trends.
Success in this role looks like a unified product, marketing and sales ecosystem, as evidenced by our customers’ record-level adoption of our full suite of products and services.
- Work to understand the higher education industry, with a particular focus on trends in recruitment/enrollment, retention, and student success. Develop an expert grasp of our products, buyers, institutions’ needs, and how we compare to the field
- Conduct competitive, market and buyer research to validate positioning and develop high impact sales/marketing assets that reflect our value proposition, differentiators and strengths
- Lead the development of a product positioning architecture and ensure that it is communicated and adopted effectively
- Develop specific product messaging that is clear, concise, and resonates with prospects and customers to solve their challenges
- Partner with marketing and sales colleagues to design, launch and measure product-focused marketing campaigns
- Develop a go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products; refine GTM strategies for existing products
- Actively create content to articulate the benefits of our products and ensure message alignment throughout the customer journey
- Ensure consistency and quality of customer facing sales content
- Work with Growth Marketing team to drive content for SEO improvement
- Train colleagues on how to position products, leverage competitive intel and capitalize on strategies to secure new business
- As required, participate in Liaison sponsored and hosted events, acting as a product subject matter expert
- Manage product marketing budget and approval processes
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, branding, or similar field
- 5-10+ years marketing experience (B2B, SaaS preferred)
- Strategic thinker with exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Hands-on practitioner of product marketing – strategy and execution
- Oversee and manage projects that span multiple departments
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Skilled facilitator who can bring together groups who have competing priorities
- Proven leadership, with an ability to lead others and develop a high-performing team
- Ability to take direction and work independently to deliver results
- Experience using project management software such as Monday.com, Asana, Workfront
- Budget ownership and oversight