Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
This new Thrasher will be responsible for assisting with the due diligence and post-acquisition integration of newly acquired brands and companies. You will contribute both strategically and tactically to help our amazing teams grow sustainably at record speed by leading HR M&A, reporting directly to the Head of People. In this role, you will be the HR liaison and project manager for all integrations, partnering with people teams from new brands/companies, key stakeholders, cross-functional teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across Thrasio, as well as leveraging outside counsel, as needed.
The incumbent in this role thrives in high-velocity, unstructured environments and is a strategic thinker, builder and implementer across a wide array of people initiatives. S/he/they will be a clear, consistent and empathetic communicator, someone who excels at relationship building, who is constantly innovating and has entrepreneurial instincts, who naturally absorbs new information, and who has a contagious drive for excellence and accountability.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivate relationships with senior leaders and deal team across Thrasio and counterparts from other functional areas
- Act as the primary point of contact for HR for deal due diligence and post-merger integration for transactions of all types and sizes- in partnership with our deal leaders and key executives
- Manage HR-related due diligence activities for brands and companies in the pipeline and manage execution plan with a people-first lens. Identify risks and create forward-thinking mitigation plans
- Drive the development of scalable HR integration strategy and approach and translate into a holistic and tailored HR integration roadmap for each new brand/business, ensuring alignment to the broader integration roadmap
- Drive change management strategy and engagement plan, enabling new brands to maintain critical aspects of their culture and DNA while fully integrating into the Thrasio family
- Support HRBP and deal leaders in creating future state operating model and organization redesign informed by deep understanding of business capabilities, talent, processes, and structure
- Drive project plan and practical integration of all HR processes, policies, and technology in partnership with HR COE leaders (including but not limited to benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, learning, compliance, annual processes)
- Collaborate with HR Leadership and People Partners to develop and manage the HR post-integration hyper care plan
- Support post-merger process improvement efforts following each new integration by collaborating with New Business leadership, COEs, and HR business partners to drive solidify best practices and learnings
- Set and measure against key KPIs to determine success
What you bring to the party:
- ~7 years experience in an HR leadership role, ideally in a high-growth tech or start-up environment
- Proven track record of supporting HR M&A deal due diligence and integrations
- Self-directed style, you must be comfortable functioning in an environment where you will often be leading the charge and proactively raising up questions or issues as you see fit
- Proven ability to drive change management in a rapidly scaling environment
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking acumen with an ability to make timely, effective, ethics-based decisions
- Exceptional influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must be humble, results-oriented, collaborative and have a sense of humor and a strong EQ
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.