Were an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge tech leaders on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
As a Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner you will work with Business Leaders to lead the People and Talent processes and strategy across several business functions within Indigo.
This role requires you to think proactively about complex people challenges. Youll be creative in your approach and with a proven roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, can get the job done. Youll collaborate cross-functionally with other People team members to develop and share strategies, processes, technology and tooling, and take a leading role in the planning and support of your business leaders as an internal consultant and business partner. You will continually assess and anticipate business needs to create a sustainable and innovative support model for business growth and employee engagement.
Working closely with our leaders and your HR colleagues, you will play a key role in helping to shape and drive performance, organization design, retention, and DEI efforts here at Indigo. Structuring talent solutions to support and maximize business impact as we grow our organization, committed to creating the most technologically sophisticated Climate change fighting program in the world.
Strategic Partner: Become a thought partner for business leaders on people matters and help think through strategic priorities:
- Establish strong internal relationships with supported business functions
- Gain a solid understanding of how assigned business units operate as well as how they fit into the broader Indigo organization
- Establish relationships with department managers to address performance issues for employees
- Own engagement data for business units, including timely action plans on data
Employee Perception: Employees view the People Team as strategic, capable, and willing to help:
- Be seen as a one-stop-shop for functions to approach for People support
- Support POD development for People Operations functions
- Train managers on Goal Development best practices
- Manage feedback tools and engage with employees based on company feedback
- Be capable of contributing beyond the HR discipline
Data Insights: Determine what data and analytics will help inform department heads with a focus on employee engagement and attrition mitigation:
- Synthesize trends and data from check-ins and engagement surveys
- Develop action plans to address any issues or trends at hand
- Use data to create and justify people processes
Talent Development: Lead and facilitate a focus on talent development at a functional level:
- Learn Indigos performance review process and contribute feedback on other best practices and strategies to be implemented
- Flawlessly and consistently manage performance reviews across Indigo business units
- Identify and facilitate new hire, new manager, and best practices training as needed
Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigos mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates, and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Strong People-related consultation and understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business needs drive and influence the People agenda.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Have a bias for action and a willingness to act on mission-critical business issues and seize opportunities as they arise.
- Have failed enough times to become fearless about getting operational bugs resolved.
- Can dive in and work with all levels in a complex technology-driven environment, building trust and open communication along the way.
- Know how to optimize manager and leader capacity by utilizing a deep understanding of the business needs from multiple perspectives.
- Has a passion for and has been known as an advocate for driving diversity, inclusion, and culture within client groups by partnering with the DEI leads and engaging leaders in high-impact action plans and tracking progress.
- Are passionate about building and iterating quickly; strongly believe in constant improvement and ownership.
- Like to own problems end-to-end but know when a hand-off is necessary.
- Comfortable making decisions with 80% certainty.
- Has 5+ years HR Business Partner experience in a high-growth, startup environment.
- Has communicated, engaged, and innovated in a hybrid work environment.
- Understands how Talent, People Operations, Compensation, Benefits, and Systems enable and drive People priorities across an international landscape.
- Have a track record of strong consultative results, developing consistent, equitable, and innovative solutions that can be scaled across the organization.
- Have supported a buildout of HR infrastructure moving to an employee and manager self-service model.
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching and advising on varied talent topics including employee experience, employee relations, performance management, rewards and recognition, talent management, employment & legal requirements, people systems, mobility, and compensation and benefits.
- Demonstrated results-driving operational excellence through change management for people-dependent initiatives, including talent reviews, DEI, workforce planning, people analytics, culture, organizational design, and process improvements, in service to an outstanding employee experience.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.