ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
The FP&A team is at the epicenter of financial and operational decision-making across the organization. As our Senior Manager of FP&A, you will work cross-functionally to drive business insight throughout the organization, reporting directly to our VP of FP&A. We're looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively with leadership. You'll rely on analytical and interpersonal skills to support a growing, online, two-sided marketplace.
What youll do:
- Manage two senior financial analysts; expand the team over time.
- Develop financial models and work on special projects to facilitate decision-making, planning, and reporting.
- Analyze current and historical cohort data to create forecasts for future periods. You will drive visible analysis on LTV and unit economics by channel trends.
- Work across the Finance team to consolidate financial results and metrics in support of monthly close processes and Board of Directors reporting, including: -Analyzing and interpreting data to understand key drivers of financial results. -Assisting with revenue and expense forecasting during annual budget processes.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy analyses to execute the company's strategic objectives. Such analyses inform capital allocation decisions across the business.
- Prepare pitch materials, due diligence materials, and financial models to support any potential future financings and M&A discussions.
What you have:
- 7+ years of transferable strategic financial experience, with at least one year as a Manager of FP&A at an e-commerce or SaaS company. Bonus points if the company is either publicly traded or IPO-ready.
- Proven ability to operate independently, synthesize complex data, and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Impressive attention to detail and accuracy, and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and craft narratives for a broad network of stakeholders.
- Experience building strong teams through mentorship and recruitment of high-quality talent.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.