Senior Manager, Event Marketing
Seismic is seeking an experienced event marketer to lead the events function and team at Seismic. The Senior Manager, Event Marketing will be responsible for driving awareness and pipeline through Seismic’s sponsored and owned event portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will lead a small team, and will require significant cross-functional collaboration with demand generation, content marketing, customer marketing, marketing operations and sales.
What you’ll do at Seismic:
• Be part of a high-energy, high-performing team that generates pipeline and awareness for Seismic.
• Supervise and monitor the performance of the event marketing team
• Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a vertical-based global event strategy and executional plans aimed at elevating the Seismic brand and engaging prospects, customers, and partners.
• Create and manage the event budget, executing all events at or under budget. Track and report cost savings achieved through negotiations and budget management.
• Develop evaluation criteria and determine, in collaboration with key stakeholders, which events to sponsor or produce, including tradeshows, industry events, partner events, roadshows, and workshops.
• Manage all aspects of our annual customer conference, Seismic Shift, including the budget, speaking program, promotion, audience acquisition, execution, and more.
• With support of the event team, manage event logistics to ensure successful execution. Provide onsite event support as needed.
• Create and adhere to a set of processes and procedures that establish clear SLAs for the organization and set expectations for event support and results.
• Set goals and objectives for each event with regard to lead generation, pipeline nurturing, and brand awareness. Communicate event goals and objectives with stakeholders ahead of each event.
• Develop and execute an event training program that communicates event objectives and prepares event staff with training on process and logistics, messaging and key talking points, product demos, and more.
• Design and execute integrated demand generation plans for pre-during-post event that drive engagement with net new prospects, existing opportunities, press, and partners.
• Create a playbook for pre-event activation of the Sales team to drive event attendance, booth visitors, and meetings.
• Manage all post-event activities including the development and execution of follow up plans and debrief activities, including meetings and reports.
• Be the voice for events at Seismic, regularly communicating event strategy, plans, and results with leadership and internal stakeholders.
• Partner with Marketing Operations to design event analytics and reporting, maintaining accountability for event outcomes against goals and objectives.
What we are looking for:
• You’re ready to take your 7+ years of experience in event marketing and strategy at a B2B software company to a high-performing team and company with aggressive growth goals.
• You have experience managing and coaching an event team.
• You’re organized to a “T” and rarely miss a detail or deadline.
• Your budget management skills are on-point and you take pride in your ability to achieve cost savings and operate under budget.
• You have strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels, including peers, leadership, customers, partners, and vendors.
• You’re a master collaborator with the ability to seamlessly work and communicate cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
• You are process-oriented and have experience building, following, and driving adoption of event processes, procedures, and SLAs.
• You love metrics and the science of marketing because you think what you’re doing should contribute to the growth of the business. You measure all aspects of events and are always looking for ways to optimize and improve operational efficiency.
• You understand the critical role events play in pipeline generation and nurturing, and you have experience developing and executing event-specific demand generation plans.
• You have experience using marketing automation platforms and CRM, and you’re comfortable using technology.
• You have the ability to travel to manage onsite event execution, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree