Do you have a passion for ensuring that teams are safe, healthy, and conscious of their environmental impact? Do you desire to design and implement an organizational safety and environmental strategy for a fast-growing innovative brand? If so, we would like to meet you. Flexcar is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager to meaningfully contribute to our team by leading our EHS strategy.
- The Senior Manager, EHS will architect the processes and procedures that ensure Flexcar has a thriving culture of safety and remains a good steward of the environments in which we operate.
- In this role you will ensure that the Flexcar operations is safe and compliant in meeting the expectations of regulatory agencies such as the EPA and OSHA, keeping up with changes and emerging regulations.
- You will develop site specific plans, audit organizational safety and environmental practices, develop risk mitigation plans, investigate safety incidents, and ensure organizational safety trainings supports our team member
What You will love about being a Flexster on the Operations Team
- You will have the opportunity to build a world-class EHS function from the ground up.
- You will work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and play an important role in introducing a disruptive alternative to vehicle ownership.
- You will partner with both field and Boston headquarters-based Operations leadership, helping us to scale our business on a foundation of safe, solid practices.
What drives success for this role:
- 7+ of EHS experience with multiple site responsibility and understanding of the automotive service environment preferred
- Bachelors degree in industrial hygiene or occupational health and safety, safety management, environmental science, engineering, or other closely related degree. Certification such as CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc. or ability to be certified required
- Current knowledge of regulatory requirements and trends in environmental, occupational hygiene and safety required
- Leads initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our team members.
- Establishes strong relationships with both market and regional operations leadership.
- Ensures market leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities regarding safety policies/practices.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional and matrixed organizational relationships.
- Ensure training records are prepared and maintained according to company policies, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- A proactive team player that is approachable and able to relate to a broad audience of team members while leveraging a variety of modalities to connect with the broader team.
- The work schedule is flexible and typically consists of weekdays from 9a-5pm with flexibility to occasionally respond to field team requests and incident events after hours and on weekends. This role requires the ability to travel domestically 25% of the time for direct visibility to market operations locations.
- Willingness to work outdoors in weather conditions while visiting market sites. The ability to tolerate moderate noise level, sitting, standing 70 % of time. The ability to lift or carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Flexcar empowers all walks of life the flexibility to have a car of their own without the hassles of traditional car ownership. Convenient and affordable, Flexcar is here to disrupt a 90 Billion dollar industry by providing customers an alternative to car-sharing, leases, ownership, and car rentals.
Flexcar is rapidly growing and we want you to be a Flexster. Our special team is passionate, kind, collaborative, driven, and all-in on building the next automotive game-changer from the ground-up. This truly is an amazing opportunity to not only contribute your talents as a team-member, but also to help build the future Flexcar.
The extra mile:
We encourage Flexsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.