First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
Ownership We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
Respect We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
Empowerment We embrace a culture that supports everyones ability to contribute and lead.
- Youll enable the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through high quality software. Youll lead by example and demonstrate to your team how to develop high quality designs and code by doing a significant amount of design and coding yourself. Youll drive the technical management for your product area.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching Agile teams through sprint cycle stages, reviewing pull requests, and writing code for tasks and stories assigned to you. Youll engage in recruiting activities with the rest of Engineering management.
- Youll provide technical design and architectural guidance to your team with an eye toward stability, scalability, performance, high-availability, security, and cost optimization of solutions.
- Youll work with Product to set the technical plans and execution for your product area.
- Youll connect this to Kyruus business priorities. Youll help figure out risks, trade-offs, and timelines.
- Youll know the customer commits, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards. Youll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- Youll partner with Product, Client Delivery, and peers to set expectations and build confidence, predictability, and accountability on the team.
- Youll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers and be an active advocate for your team.
- Youll report to the Senior Director, Engineering within the R&D - Engineering division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- Youll use your 8+ years of experience in software engineering and programming, and at least 5 of those years as a manager to:
- Technical depth and breadth in building and operating applications and microservices in a SaaS cloud platform.
- Help your team solve complex technical problems.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade-offs, and timelines for your product area.
- Measure and improve Engineering performance.
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
Youll use your management skills to:
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You and your team commit quality code reliably and on time to achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- Help your team develop simple and pragmatic solutions to complex technical problems and customer workflows.
- Your team is engaged, productive, and executes on tasks with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- You are able to identify opportunities for growth for your team and support them in the professional development and career goals.
- You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements and trends within your product area.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Manager, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - continuing in management or becoming an individual contributor. From here, depending on your skills, performance, and accomplishments, you could become a Director, Engineering (overseeing multiple product areas or diverse technologies) on the management track or become either a Principal Software Engineer II or Software Architect (providing technical expertise while being hands-on-keyboard) on the technical individual contributor track.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.