As part of the North America HR team, the Sr. ER Manager is responsible for administering employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating team member concerns and making recommendations that effectively promote positive employee relations. The overriding purpose of this role is to drive a consistent employee experience in line with our values. Counsel management with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other employment laws, ensuring consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies, procedures and precedence. Conduct workplace investigations and recommend effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective action in accordance with Mimecast values, guidelines, and applicable laws. Deliver service in a professional and efficient manner, providing prompt assistance while managing expectations to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Employee relations advisor and point of contact to leaders and employees
- Delivers employee relations solutions in line with business goals
- Effectively navigates the organization to ensure consistent quality and timely delivery of services to meet business needs
- Acts as coach for managers about employee relations issues
- Supports and operationalizes HR core processes
- Provides advice and counsel to managers on corrective action issues including performance and misconduct
- Undertake robust and timely investigations
- Maintain awareness of changes to employment law
- Track, analyze and interpret key metrics
- Support the provision of conflict resolution for employee/manager and employee/employee issues
- Contribute and lead employee relations projects/initiatives
- Revise and continuously improve existing policies and guidelines
- Develop and present appropriate training on employee relations topics
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel
- Function as a change leader in support of the organization ‘s initiatives
- Promote and contribute to diversity initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Centers of Excellence, such as HRBPs, HR Operations and Total Rewards
- All other duties as assigned that are relevant to the role and support the goals of the ER CoE
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or related subject
- 8 -10 years of significant and demonstrable experience in employee relations
- Proven experience in employee relations processes such as corrective action and performance management
- Up to date US employment law knowledge and interest in further development
- Experience of coaching front-line leaders on having difficult conversations, managing poor performance, investigations, warnings and corrective actions, and terminations etc
- Excellent documentation compliance skills
- Experience in delivering management training in employee relations topics
- Ability to prioritize and manage issues that are time-sensitive and highly confidential
- Proven experience in leading complex, high risk employee relations issues and balancing various stakeholders to reach a satisfactory conclusion for all
- Experience working with internal and external counsel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.