We are looking for a Senior Manager of Data Engineering to join our fast-growing team. Reporting to our VP, Engineering, you will own all the technical aspects of our infrastructure, including ETL pipelines, the data warehouse, and operational SLA's.
Initially, this position is an individual contributor role, but you will be responsible for hiring and mentoring a small team, as well as guiding our Data Engineering strategy.
Areas of Responsibility:
Extending and scaling our HIPAA compliant data infrastructure
- Working with various internal stakeholders to gather functional requirements for our data infrastructure.
- Working with data engineers to architect and deliver the required infrastructure.
- Working closely with IT, security, legal and compliance to ensure that our data infrastructure always complies with HIPAA data protection, data rights, privacy rules and data security best practices.
- Deploying data governance best practices
- Removing any impediments that block engineers from delivering features on time.
- Proactively identifying any process or technology improvements that can enhance the productivity of the team.
- Identifying areas of strategic technical debt and help balance business priorities against proactively paying off technical debt.
Monitoring and ensuring the high availability and data integrity of our data infrastructure
- Monitoring and continuously improving infrastructure SLAs.
- Monitoring data quality, reliability and consistency for data generated by our platform, third party integrations and customer ingested data.
Leading recruiting efforts
- Help to hire engineers that embody Wellframes core values.
Guiding the career growth of data engineers
- Working closely with engineers to tailor a personalized career growth plan.
- Providing mentorship and feedback to engineers to help them achieve their growth plan.
Experience, & Skills:
- At least 8 years of relevant technical expertise.
- Expertise in modern Big Data and Analytics, Cloud based Data Lake, Scalable computing, Data Integration and Traditional Data Warehousing.
- Experience with healthcare data standards: HIPPA data privacy and security rules; ISO 27001 / ISO 27799 for the protection of sensitive health information.
- Experience with data monitoring tools, such as grafana, prometheus, or graphite.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience mentoring and leading engineers.
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are beng followed.
- Expertise in understanding of scalable cloud architectures, applying data security standards to them and experience in applying them to real-world problems.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.