Our Mission Securing the software that powers our world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in todays software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
Do you have a passion for connecting with customers, helping them tell their success stories, and empowering them to be ambassadors? Do you want the opportunity to engage with a passionate community of customers, scale a winning advocacy program, build a Customer Advisory Board, and leverage customer input to grow a global brand?
Our Customer Advocacy Leader will do all of those things and more by defining, building, and managing a strategic, best-in-class advocacy program that activates customer goodwill to drive revenue.
Veracode is seeking a Customer Advocacy Leader to extend Veracodes global brand through voice of the customer initiatives. The Customer Advocacy leader will grow our program driving advocacy engagement and generating a pipeline of referenceable customers to become brand ambassadors. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, this role will grow an advocacy program aimed at increasing the visibility of the success that Veracode customers are achieving with their Software Security programs. Specifically, the advocacy program will engage the Veracode customer base and identify potential brand advocates open to sharing their expertise through references, third party reviews, industry surveys, case studies, speaking engagements, media interviews, and more. The role will work in close collaboration with our Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales teams to proactively introduce advocacy across the organization to elevate Veracodes position in the marketplace.
What Youll be Doing:
- Identify, build and activate a global network of Veracode customer evangelists from executive to user levels
- Create a scalable process to source a pipeline of references that support sales success, marketing events, development of customer case studies, customer participation in media interviews, and speaking opportunities, etc.
- Work closely with content team to develop high quality multi-media assets that showcase customer success
- Determine and execute approach to formalizing and publicly launching the advocacy program as well as all related processes for onboarding new members and measuring/rewarding engagement
- Define and execute strategy for an executive-level Customer Advisory Board
- Collaborate with customer marketing team to determine strategy for other customer-focused events including a potential customer summit/conference
- Drive campaigns to increase Veracodes presence and ratings on professional technology review sites such as Gartner Peer Insights, IT Central Station, TrustRadius, G2Crowd, etc.
- Manage initiatives to educate internal and external groups (e.g., partners) on the value proposition of advocacy programs
- Develop and manage the technology roadmap to support customer reference management and advocacy development
- Define success metrics and establish dashboards to measure performance against objectives and business contribution
- Remain aware of the current state of industry best practices and drive an internal process of continuous optimization
- Identify new and more effective sources and formats of customer advocacy
What Youll Need:
- Minimum 10 years of experience, including 3-5 years of experience in managing customer advocacy programs at a technology company
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Superb presentations and client-facing skills
- Strong project and program management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be an innovative thinker, creative problem solver and effectively manage multiple on-going assignments in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making skills
This role will have the opportunity to working with individuals cross-functionally at Veracode, including senior leadership, to propose strategies and to report on progress and requirements. There will also be opportunities to present at large and small meetings to educate the business on the progress of Customer Advocacy programs.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.