Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
As the Senior Manager of Content, you will help drive the content strategy for our marketing campaigns, digital experiences, social media, customer programs, and demand generation efforts. You will help create and manage the content themes, calendar and narrative to ensure we have the right content at the right time and deliver what our customers and prospects want to see. You will collaborate with teams across Brightcove to identify relevant content and creatively find ways to get more use out of the content. Content creation is moving at a rapid pace within Brightcove and we are excited to incorporate innovative ideas into our marketing portfolio to elevate our brand.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Content to define key opportunities for marketing content. Develop highly creative campaigns and content assets, addressing value to the customer, and deliver on brand and business goals.
- Help coordinate content activities, working across disciplines and the overall project lifecycle. Work in close partnership with the Creative Team including copywriters, graphic designers, and external agencies to ensure that content is developed with a channel-specific and customer-centric approach.
- Collaborate with specialists in digital marketing, brand and CX strategy, to ensure content plans dovetail with associated strategies (e.g. personalization, CRM, SEO, brand).
- Work with Demand Generation team to conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gather data and analytics and make recommendations based on those results. Revise and measure content against marketing goals.
- Be a "catalyst" who brings big, bold ideas to deliver best in class concepts and creative thinking, obtain buy-in, and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale.
- Seek out existing Brightcove content that is interesting and beneficial to our audiences and lead the planning, creation/editing, and delivery of that content across all of our channels.
- Identify gaps and create new, inspiring and engaging content, ensuring it is written to a high standard and incorporates input from key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensure all content produced is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop assets that will engage our audiences
- Help establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- 7 years of content experience in startups / B2B companies / tech / agencies / global organizations with strong creative execution skills
- A combination of strong marketing and publishing skills, with the most important aspect being to think "customer first". In essence, you must have experience as a corporate storyteller.
- Proven editorial and writing skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training in how to tell a story using words, images, video, and audio, and an understanding of how to create content that engages an audience.
- Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and on-going program campaigns.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content.
- Experience with content management systems and sound understanding of best practices for organizing and tagging content for a digital environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with a focus on presentation and storytelling.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!