We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Senior Manager, Compensation & Performance Management to support our rapidly growing business. This individual will play an integral role on our Talent (people) team as a strategic and solution-oriented leader. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of compensation and performance management principles as well as an understanding of our business needs and the market landscape.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders including leaders and Talent Strategy Business Partners (HRBPs) to understand business needs
- Drive compensation and performance management strategy and execution in conjunction with Learning & Development and business leadership teams
- Facilitate functional leveling and competency planning across the business
- Partner with finance to design and iterate compensation policies, including ranges, structure, short and long-term incentive plans, equity philosophy
- Partner with payroll, HRIS and talent operations teams to streamline processes and ensure operational efficiency
- Work closely with Employee Relations and Legal to ensure both new and existing compensation policies are in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Data-drivenAbility to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative to with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- 6+ years of HR/Leadership experience
- 3+ years specific Compensation & Performance Management
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
More Jobs From