Who We Are
Kensho is a 100-person AI and machine learning company, centered around providing cutting-edge solutions to meet the challenges of some of the largest and most successful businesses and institutions. Our toolkit illuminates insights by helping the world better understand, process, and leverage messy data. Specifically, our solutions largely involve natural language processing (NLP) and include speech recognition (ASR), entity linking (Named Entity Disambiguation), structured document extraction, automated database linking, text classification, and more. We are continuously expanding our portfolio and are looking for passionate researchers to help us build and deploy state-of-the-art models across a variety of domains!
At Kensho, we believe in flexibility-first, and give our employees the opportunity to work from where they feel most productive and engaged (must be in the United States). We also value in-person collaboration, so there may be times when travel to one of our Kensho hubs (NY/DC/MA) will be required for team meetings or company events.
About The Role
Kensho is looking for a Senior ML Engineer to join the group of Machine Learning engineers working on one of the following products: Scribe, Link, Extract, NERD, or Classify. We are looking for talented people who share our passion for bringing to production robust, scalable, and highly accurate models.
What Youll Do
- Design, build and maintain scalable production-ready ML systems
- Actively participate in the ML model lifecycle, from problem framing to training, deployment and monitoring in production
- Partner with ML Operations team to deliver solutions for automating ML model lifecycle, from technical design to implementation
- Work in a cross-functional team of ML engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Backend & Frontend engineers who are passionate about their product
- Mentor and lead other ML Scientists and Engineers to help make our team even more awesome!
Who You Are
- Have 5+ years of significant, hands-on experience with ML/NLP (e.g., designing, shipping, and maintaining production systems)
- Experienced in automating ML model lifecycle
- Are comfortable with modern tools for building ML pipelines, including data processing, training, inference, and evaluation
- Have expertise in Python and Python-based ML frameworks (e.g., PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- Able and excited to lead initiatives from the ideation stage to implementation
- Exercise strong communication skills and can effectively express even complicated methods and results to a broad, often non-technical audience
Outstanding people come from all different backgrounds, and were always interested in meeting talented people! Therefore, we do not require any particular credential or experience. If our work seems exciting to you, and you feel that you could excel in this position, wed love to hear from you.
That said, most successful candidates will fit the following profile, which reflects both our technical needs and team culture:
Technologies We Love
- ML: PyTorch, DGL, NetworkX, XGboost, LightGBM, DVC, NVIDIA NeMo, HuggingFace, Weights & Biases
- Deployment: Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Datastores: Postgres, Elasticsearch, SQLite, S3
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.