A Launch Manager orchestrates the system of launch and release as an ‘enterprise readiness program’, keeping a cross-functional team of representatives focused on attaining company-wide enterprise readiness in support of product and industry strategies and goals. They are responsible for the management of the program across the entire Mimecast organization. This is achieved by understanding what the functional area requirements are for the program, understanding organizational dependencies between functional groups, and anticipating and accessing risks of the program. For every one of these items, the Launch Manager must understand the impacts to the functional areas, as well as on the entire organization.
- In partnership with Product Management and Development leadership, understand and articulate the annual product/suite release plans for assigned products and develop launch plans that meet the enterprise strategies and goals for each release.
- Build and manage a cross-functional team of representatives working to achieve company-wide enterprise release readiness to deliver a quality solution suite, with consistent enablement and standardized abilities to sell, service and support Mimecast and its customers.
- Create, maintain and clearly communicate comprehensive project documentation
- Lead regular project meetings - document, track actions & decisions
- Communicate risks and assist team with mitigation / escalation
- Maintain the schedule, milestone achievements and deliverables
- Assist with the tasks associated with release certification and delivery to an agreed Bill of Materials
- Facilitate internal enablement activities using best practice tools and methodologies
- Create and distribute internal communications on behalf of the launch team
Build & execute on release specific communication plans
- Status reports, risk assessments and mitigation
- Alerts and announcements
- Additional topical communication
- Maintain online access to all release and launch documents
- Conduct regular updates with functional representatives on cross-dependencies and related action items
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle and Release Certification requirements in sufficient depth to effectively keep the launch team and key stakeholders well informed on status, risk and mitigation.
- Consistently work to get the best results from the team and the release.
- Bachelor’s degree in BA or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant and related experience
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to operate in a matrix management environment
- Strong background in analytical and organizational skills and time management to manage multiple tasks simultaneously including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Microsoft Office experience mandatory with extensive emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity of Software Project Management tools (e.g., JIRA)
- PMP Certification is a plus
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.