Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
IT Operations is at the heart of IT and our mission is to enable Benchlings to do their best work. We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to support and manage the applications, devices, and services we rely on. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, forward thinking, and skilled at delivering an excellent employee experience through technology. You'll not only be tasked with curating an It Just Works environment, but to learn, grow and help others along their journey as well.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Provide Tier 2 helpdesk support including software, hardware, application access, AV, and networking
- Administer a variety of SaaS applications including but not limited to Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Github, Jira, Zoom, Office365
- Assist with the onboarding process including preparing and deploying systems, and leading our new hire orientation in a hybrid model
- Assist with IT projects within IT Engineering including identity and access management, client platform, and AV
- Manage relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, and asset management
- Work closely with Workplace and other cross-functional teams on relevant initiatives and daily operations
- Monitor and maintain our helpdesk service level agreements (SLAs) including first response and full resolution
- Handle escalations from Tier 1 Support Specialist
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting hardware, software, and systems in a corporate environment supporting Mac OS and Windows
- 2+ years in building, improving and deploying IT onboarding processes
- 2+ years handling tier 1 and tier 2 helpdesk support escalations
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to host IT trainings in small and large group settings
- Experience with network troubleshooting and endpoint management tools such as Jamf and Workspace one
- Proficient in Helpdesk ticket triaging and familiar with tools such as Jira Service Desk and Zendesk Enterprise
- Ability to troubleshoot AV systems and video conferencing systems.
- You are motivated by helping others succeed. When things break - and they will - you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You are a technology enthusiast who is always excited to learn about new apps, devices, and ways to do things better
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.