Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
This is a great opportunity for a versatile, resourceful finance professional whos eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. Youll have opportunities to work cross-functionally, increase your scope of work, and shape your career. Were looking for someone whos a rare combination of creative and analytical and is looking to work in a dynamic environment where new challenges are always emerging.
- Lead cohort of UK/EU VAT return calculations, payments, and filings for accuracy and timely compliance.
- Understand and lead the single administrative document process (including the UK -C79- evidence of paid import VAT process) detailing movement of goods around the world. Lead the collection and retention of supporting documents to include C79s and C88s.
- Prepare and review inter-company invoice for the I/C movement of inventory. Support the booking of JE for I/C invoices.
- Lead the monthly reconciliations of tax sensitive international GL accounts to include reconciliation of tax return to bank to settlement reports.
- Monitor the need for and preparation of documents to support new UK and Europe VAT registrations.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and provision process for UK and Europe
- Review foreign income tax returns and review and prepare U.S. informational returns for foreign entities (5471, 8858, 8865) to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law.
- Develop and train tax interns and/or tax analysts.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you bring to the party
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, CPA or MST preferred
- Minimum 4 years of progressively advancing Tax Department Generalist work experience within a multinational company or Big Four firm
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to highlight unexpected results
- Strong verbal, written, computer, interpersonal, analytical, and technical communication and presentation skills including English language fluency, MS Office proficiency
- Requires strong working knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource RS tax software,
- OneSource Provision software, OneSource Workflow Manager (Dataflow), BPC, and other related financial software
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.