Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Senior International Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and preparation of the financial consolidation of the Parent and its wholly-owned subsidiaries on a monthly and quarterly basis. This person will also assist with the completion of local statutory audits, as well as the issuance of local statutory audit reports and local statutory income, VAT, and working closely with the tax team on transfer pricing considerations as well as filings that need to occur. This person will also serve as the main point of contact for financial matters related to entities located outside of the United States. On a monthly basis, this person will assist with maintaining and reconciling certain general ledger accounts for the subsidiaries, and work with other members of the Accounting Department on other special projects. This person will report directly to the International Accounting Manager.
A key player in the international accounting team in the month-end and quarter-end process for our subsidiaries by performing a variety of accounting tasks.
- Preparing and posting all eliminating and consolidating entries;
- Responsible for oversight of all intercompany transactions, including compliance with Intercompany Transfer Pricing agreements, as well as the completeness and accuracy of the Intercompany accounts
- Responsible for oversight of all foreign currency matters, including foreign currency translation, ensuring the Companys accounting system records the appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform monthly reconciliations and financial reporting packages for international entities ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Preparation of flux analysis related to account balances and classification
- Analyzes changes in the balance sheet and income statement accounts and makes recommendations to correct errors as appropriate
- Responsible for serving as the point of contact to foreign subsidiaries for all financial matters, to identify and help resolve operational, financial, and strategic issues that impact the Company
- Collaborate with business and FP&A to understand budget implications and implement a planning strategy for accounting issues
- Ensuring compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of US GAAP
- Preparation of schedules for annual and quarterly reviews as required for our external auditors
- Assist in the preparation of acquisition accounting journal entries and streamline acquisition onboarding process
- Assist with monthly and quarterly VAT reporting and filing compliance
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, process improvements, control enhancements, and establish best practice for day- to-day activities; and be assigned other special projects as required
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 to 5+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- (GAAP), specifically ASC 830, and basic knowledge of international accounting requirements
- Experience with a large multinational company in a growth environment a plus
- Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
- CPA or equivalent a plus
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP systems a plus, with experience in consolidations
- Experience with ERP system implementation a plus
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.