: Senior Interaction Designer
Office Tour Photos
What’s it like to work at Quick Base? Well, our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all Quick Base employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. Quick Base combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Find out if Quick Base is for you!
Quick Base Overview
Quick Base helps companies delight their customers, enrich their employees, and make the world a better place to live by being faster and more innovative. We’re the #1 leader in low-code development platforms. Our platform enables non-technical business professionals to build powerful software applications—in minutes—to drastically streamline their work. Quick Base has broad adoption, with over 6000 companies, including over 50 of the Fortune 100 as customers. And we are growing fast.
Join the Quick Base XD team as a Senior Interaction Designer to help create an amazing user experience for Quick Base, the innovative platform that allows business people to rapidly create powerful and sophisticated web and mobile business apps, automate processes, and improve team communication and collaboration.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will lead the design for a broad area of Quick Base. You are equally adept at identifying users’ needs, generating multiple concepts, and enjoy diving into the smallest design details. You’ll be integral to a dedicated Agile team, who is empowered to make decisions on the what, why, and how to deliver customer value.
- Lead design for a broad product area
- Engage with the team in determining the team’s roadmap, and how to deliver customer value quickly
- Work smart and lean. Adapt your process to the needs of the design and the team
- Work seamlessly as a key team member on a cross-functional product team, with visual and content designers, product managers and engineers
- Lead design thinking sessions with cross-functional teams
- Accelerate game-changing design by defining creative, intuitive and delightful user experience solutions
- Participate in customer research and validation to ensure your design meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Help build our set of interaction guidelines and patterns; support the translation of these into reusable components
- Mentor and coach fellow interaction designers
- You have 5+ years of experience in delivering interaction designs for products; preferably experience with PaaS
- You have a diverse online portfolio showcasing UX design experience
- You have extensive experience doing user testing and research
- You have a proven record of crafting world class interaction designs for complex, large scale SaaS or PaaS products with an emphasis on simplicity and clarity
- You have an in-depth, practical knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices, user research methodologies, cloud software industry standards and trends
- You have a lean startup mentality to quickly propose and test to discover what works
- You are self-motivated to learn the business processes and user needs of any project
- You can assess, prioritize and make trade-offs against business, technical, and user constraints.
- You are skilled in your favorite design tool (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch) but equally skilled in creating lo-fi prototypes for quick experiments
- You have great communication skills, both oral and written
- You have great interpersonal skills for working with a team
- Visual design experience is a big plus
- Coding experience is a big plus
More Jobs From