Motional is looking for an experienced, proven expert in Human-Supervisory Control to focus on human-robot interaction for remote robot situational awareness and interaction. The Human Supervisory Control Engineer will work with a cross-functional team to apply user-centered research to design, develop and evaluate the human-autonomy interaction and workflow that will bring advanced mobility technology to market faster. The objective is to automate and augment the human decision making process to increase the quality and speed of decisions.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, machine learning, designers and user researchers to design and implement workflows and approaches to human-robot interactions
- Develop work-support solutions that build on principles of human perception, cognition, and decision-making
- Design and conduct experiments to determine the most effective workflow and interactions for human-robot interactions
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other researchers, designers, and software engineers to implement and evaluate solution concepts as part of a user-centered design process
- Study, model, and understand diverse user needs in complex systems
What You'll Bring:
- Masters, or Ph.D. degree in Human Robot Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Behavior Sciences, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of related work experience (depending on degree)
- Demonstrate capability in human factors and user research to plan, design, and conduct metrics-based technology assessments with users
- Usability testing and human systems evaluations using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Mastery of statistics, interview coding, process charting, and systems modeling
- Ability to frame, analyze, and synthesize for complex problems, qualitatively and quantitatively
- Deliver data-based insights to business stakeholders and interdisciplinary teams including software, Human Factors, UX, and hardware-in-the-loop engineering
- Demonstrate ability to verbally and visually present complex data in a compelling manner
Why You Should Join Us
- An experienced leadership team that provides you with the opportunity to advise the business on best in class HRI Design
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people, recognized as one of the front runners in the self-driving/autonomous car race.
- Opportunity to continually experiment that will lead Motional to the best solutions
- You will partner with some of the most talented engineers in the Autonomous Vehicle Industry