Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Senior Healthcare Data Analyst on the SafeMine Product Team, you will own analyses and projects focused on evaluating and integrating large healthcare datasets (Rx, Mx, EHR) from external sources. Data is central to the success of our products - both in quality and coverage. These datasets will be used downstream as a critical component of our analytics and data products.
You will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating prospective new healthcare datasets in terms of their content, completeness, gaps, and how they complement existing datasets. Your evaluations will be used to determine whether to license these datasets.
For datasets that are already licensed, you will work closely with product managers on the SafeMine Product Team to configure the software to ingest and process the data. SafeMine is a big data health care de-identification software platform that powers Veevas Compass and Crossix Analytics product lines.
You will assess data to ensure fields conform to standard formats and contain core elements. You will be responsible for communicating follow-up questions to data suppliers. You will identify gaps in new and existing data and work with developers on transformation and mapping logic. Youll be responsible for communicating your findings to internal stakeholders, providing recommendations on any findings, and designing product and data enhancements where needed.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about data analytics and excited to bring that knowledge to dozens of healthcare data integrations.
What Youll Do
- Explore and derive insights from high volumes of inbound health data to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability, relevance, and timeliness
- Execute data querying, cleansing, and analysis. Understand the impact of missing values, recognize discrepancies, and apply methods for deduplication
- Conduct analysis and field mapping on data from potential new data sources under consideration to assess integration into the data network
- Perform data investigations and exploratory analysis to focus on continuous improvement of our Veeva Compass and Crossix Analytics suite of products
- Build expertise on a wide range of health data, contributing to documentation and validation reports
- Perform exploratory analytics to find data issues and provide recommendations for fixing
- Test changes in the data (both planned and unplanned) to determine the impact on customers
- Build new attributes for both internal and customer-facing use, to continue to improve the usability of the data
- Collaborate closely with a team of Product Managers, Data Operations, and Developers to ensure data is built and delivered with quality
- Your work will inform the direction of multi-million-dollar data investment decisions
- 4+ years of industry experience working with big healthcare datasets (prescription and medical claims)
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Knowledge of industry-standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings, and working with reference tables
- Experience investigating data issues and working with a cross-functional team for addressing
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related technical field
- Comfortable presenting findings to internal executive stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python
- Experience working with clinical (EHR/EMR) data
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience working within an agile team
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $75,000 - $180,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].