Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer with experience building end-to-end applications at scale
Are you passionate about delivering useful, well-designed and scalable products to the Home Care Industry? Are you the kind of engineer who loves building innovative user experiences at scale?
At CareAcademy, we’re helping to solve the direct care worker shortage and making a positive impact in the lives of people who need longer-term care. We’re a fast-growing venture-backed company in the growing health care market.
As a senior full-stack software engineer, you’ll develop and maintain innovative user experiences for the home care industry. In doing so, you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and a strong engineering team in order to plan and design the rollout of new features and improvement of existing features. You’ll also contribute to scaling our application to hundreds of thousands of users.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling Ruby-on-Rails products, is comfortable in writing front-end code, and is excited by the challenges that come from scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.
What You’ll Do
- Design and Implement new features: understand requirements from designers and product managers, can divide up user stories into small PRs, and find creative solutions to address short-term and long-term needs. Is interested and stays in touch with our “low-tech user base” while doing so.
- Maintain existing features: is comfortable in working with a lot of existing software and making it better, 1 PR at a time.
- Scalability: Focus on bottlenecks rather than get overwhelmed by all possible optimizations. Has experience scaling Rails apps on SQL, upgrading dependencies, and is familiar with the NPM ecosystem
- Review code: find scalability and code quality issues
- Write automated tests: write testable code and automated tests in both the back-end and front-end, so we can make sure we can scale with confidence
- Help maintain our project management software: maintain own tickets, document results and collaborate effectively with others on the team.
What Success Looks Like
- Help us create a reliable and scalable Ruby-on-Rails and Vue.js software.
- Scale our product to 100K+ MAU in the next 2 years while prioritizing customer needs.
- Solicit team feedback on projects, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Improve our code reviews and test coverage.
- Be self-directed and make consistent progress between our regular check-ins and proactively report on progress against goals.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience in scaling Ruby on Rails to 100,000+ monthly active users. Bonus points if you have experience scaling SMS and Email
- Experience in developing with modern front-end JS frameworks
- Cares about writing high-quality, reliable code